The EPIC project has received funding from the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No. 760150.
The EPIC consortium, which includes the lead inventors and institutes in the FEC domain, dynamic SMEs, and impactful industry partners, is dedicated to successfully reach the following objectives:
- Objective 1: EPIC will design and implement next generation Forward-Error-Correction for wireless Tb/s technology and Beyond-5G systems.
- Objective 2: EPIC will advance state-of-the-art codes and develop the principal channel coding technology for wireless Tb/s technology.
- Objective 3: EPIC will devise a disruptive FEC design framework to unify algorithmic and implementation domains.
- Objective 4: EPIC will validate and demonstrate the developed FEC technology in virtual silicon tape-out and provide first-in-class wireless
Tb/s FEC chipset architecture block.
- Objective 5: EPIC puts the scientific excellence and contributions to wireless industry in the domain of B5G standardization and technology
development at the centre of the project execution.